Powerstride Battery LOVES Electric Vehicle builders! Powerstride Battery sells Electric Vehicle Batteries that are great as Gem Car Batteries, ZENN Car Batteries, Zap Xebra, or for a Kit project. Order your Electric Vehicle Batteries from Powerstride Battery and get FREE Ground Shipping!
Brands we Carry
- Alumacar Electric Vehicle Batteries
- US 2200 Xtreme Capacity delivers an astounding 750 cycles at 50% Depth of Discharge and 232 Amp Hours of capacity with it's patented Diamond Plate Technology! That's 232 Amp Hours! No other standard flooded 6 volt battery out performs the US 2200 XC2.
- Electric Bicycle Batteries
- Bicycles can be an excellent means of transportation, especially in areas with tons of commute traffic or high gas prices. Plus bicycles are a lot cheaper than cars. But why pedal if you don’t have to? Commonly used as a UPS backup battery, wheelchair & scooter applications, the UB12180 is manufactured to meet or exceed OEM specifications of other 18Ahr batteries of the same specification.
- Tomberlin Electric Vehicle Batteries
- The US 12VXC2 is ideal for Electric Vehicle use! XC means Xtreme Capacity thanks to US Battery's patented Diamond Plate Technology.
Electric car battery technology
Electronic vehicle batteries, or EV batteries, go through cycles of discharge that occur when driving your vehicle, and charge when the car is plugged in. Over time, this process affects the amount of charge the electric vehicle battery can hold. The current prediction is that an electric car battery will last from 10 to 20 years before they need to be replaced. Car makers like Ford, General Motors, Toyota, and Volkswagen are shifting their attention to this new type of technology. Not only to make the re-charging (re-fueling) process easier, but to help with climate change and help reduce emissions.
Electric motors work as generators, when you take your foot off the throttle the car begins to slow down by converting its forward motion back into electricity. When you hit the brakes, the regenerative braking recovers energy that would otherwise be lost. This is stored in the battery again and improves the car's driving range.
Electric car lithium-ion battery
Lithium-ion (Li-ion) batteries are a type of rechargeable battery used in electric vehicles and electronics such as laptops. They have a higher energy density than typical lead-acid batteries. The battery manufacturers can save space and reduce the overall size of the battery pack.
Lithium-ion (Li-ion) batteries contain no lithium metal, they contain ions. An ion is a an atom or molecule with an electric charge caused by the loss or gain of one or more electrons. Lithium-ion batteries are safer than alternatives and battery manufacturers ensure that safety measures are in place to protect consumers. Manufacturers equip electric vehicles with charging safeguards to protect the batteries during repeated charging sessions.
The EV battery is a proven technology that will last for many years. EV manufacturers guarantee it. Nissan and Tesla claim that its electric car batteries will last 8 years or 100,000 miles, for example. This far surpasses the lifespan of lithium batteries.