Our ruggedly designed batteries are engineered for industrial performance in passenger car and truck applications.
The battery in your car is essential to starting up your car, acting as a surge protector, and keeping accessories powered while driving your car. That’s why it’s important to make sure your battery stays in top shape. Keeping your battery powered and preventing a dead battery begins with maintenance and simple battery care. Follow our expert tips on how to extend the life of your battery. To make sure the replacement automotive battery you purchase will fit and work correctly, be sure to check the specifications of the existing battery as well as the physical dimensions. The spec sheet of the battery you are considering will provide the information you need to make your purchase. Two critical specifications you need when shopping for car or truck batteries is volt (or power) and size dimensions.
6 tips to maintain your vehicle’s battery lifespan
- Clean your battery by removing the clamps and wipe away the grease, dirt and oxidation that has formed on the terminals. Dirty battery posts will weaken the charge.
- Keep the battery tray clean. Any dirt and build up on the casing of the battery can drain its power.
- Be sure the battery is secure and sitting correctly. A loose battery can spill battery acid over your engine and cause loose wiring to disconnect.
- Check the car battery water level indicator on a regular basis and fill with distilled water as needed.
- Invest in battery cables and a car battery charger that will maintain the ideal charge level when your car is not going to be used for an extended amount of time.
- Install an insulation blanket to keep the battery warm. This can be especially helpful in the cold winter months.
How to jump-start a dead car battery
Dead batteries mean you'll probably be late and will have to track down someone who's willing to give you a jump-start. Many people find jump-starting cars to be intimidating or frightening. "What if I put the cables on backwards?" "What if the battery explodes?" "What if I kill the other car?" Here's a guide on how to safely and easily jump-start your car's battery.
- Make sure both vehicles are off, including the one you'll be using as a power source. Check the battery terminals on both cars for signs of corrosion or damage. If you see damage, don't try to jump-start the battery; buy a new one. Also make sure that the cables are not loose.
- Attached the positive (red) cable clamp to the positive terminal of the dead discharged battery.
- Attach the other end of the positive cable (red) to the power source battery's positive terminal.
- Attach the negative (black) cable clamp to the power source battery's negative terminal.
- Attach the other end of the negative (black) cable to the engine block, frame or any other good metallic ground on the dead vehicle.
- Start the engine on the power source vehicle and increase the idle speed enough to give a little voltage to the discharged battery.
- Remove the negative (black) clamp from the previously discharged battery first, then remove negative (black) clamp from the power source battery.
- Finally, remove the positive (red) clamp from the previously discharged battery, followed by removing the positive (red) clamp from the power source battery.
Car Batteries for Popular Automotive Brands
PowerStride Battery offers high-quality car batteries for the following automotive manufacturers:
- Acura batteries
- BMW batteries
- Chevy batteries
- Ford batteries
- Honda batteries
- Hyundai batteries
- Jeep batteries
- Kia batteries
- Lexus batteries
- Mazda batteries
- Toyota batteries
- Volkswagen batteries
Most people think that replacing a car battery is a simple matter, but that assumption may not be as safe as it once seemed. If you aren’t sure what the best practices are for your specific vehicle, we recommend you take your vehicle in to get the battery replaced.
Protect your car and your car’s battery needs by not falling for these four car battery myths. Make sure that you heed the experts above the masses, because the results may not be what you want if you don’t! Remember, if you’re ever in need of a replacement car battery, Powerstride Battery offers a variety of affordable options and all batteries come with FREE shipping!